mirror für pd-elitevids

Re: mirror für pd-elitevids

"Alert - Amid the problems on the previous server, hundreds of emails sent to my the-elite.net forwarders never made it to my primary accounts successfully. Furthermore, it appears there have been problems forwarding to my gmail account. It appears I've resolved the problem, but email derekclark@gmail.com if you want to make sure your email makes it. More importantly, if you've sent an important email to my the-elite.net accounts within the last month or so, I probably did not get it. Please resend any important comments, inquiries, hate mail, or...whatever."

Steht seit heute oben auf der the-elite.net seite. Daran könnte es also liegen, dass wir noch keine Antwort haben bzw. er die mail gar nicht bekommen hat.

Wer schickt die Mail denn nun ab oder hat sie schon jemand abgeschickt?
      Aber ich finds blöd, wenn man mit falschem Namen unterschreibt. Also wenn K7 die Mail abschickt, dann soll er auch seinen Namen unterschreiben, nicht meinen oder PDMs. Ihr könnt natürlich erwähnen, dass wir mit zu dem gaming-elite-Projekt gehören, aber es würde schon komisch aussehen, wenn ich oder PDM ihn mit einer ganz anderen Mail anschreiben, als die, die auf der Elite-Seite eingetragen ist.

selbstverständlich ging ich davon aus, dass die mail von pdm oder dir abgeschickt wird in diesem fall.

hier mal eine überarbeitete fassung (die wir natürlich noch besprechen können):
      <p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>
      Hi!

We (www.gaming-elite.de) are a german community that offers rankings for some games (using some cgi-scripts for fully-automatic updates), similar to yours.

We have bought us a server for our site in late 2003. We have paid for about 50 gigs of traffic per month of which we never used more than about 10 gigs. Therefore we have plenty of unused traffic left.

Knowing that your Perfect Dark Fastest Vids Server is more often down than up we would like to offer you some webspace and about 30gigs of traffic per month for mirroring these vids here at gaming-elite.de (we would like to keep additional 10gigs of traffic for emergencies).

Of course we would do this for free - although a link on your page would be nice.
      And we won't claim the vids to be our own (even if it sounds stupid we think we should mention this detail ;) )

If you are interested, please contact us so that we can discuss further details (like: if we give server access to you or if we stick to automated mirror updates or something, how much space you would need and so on)
      If you are NOT interested, please tell us. It's just that we'd like to know if our mail has been read or not and wether we should prepare some space or not.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you have some.

Greets,
      <Insert Name(s)>, Webmaster(s) of www.gaming-elite.de
      <hr></blockquote></p>
      Fine, I'll go build my own signature! With blackjack! And hookers!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „SuchtSim“ ()

das panel von server4you zeigt sogar 5137MB für september an. sehr komisch. ich war mir sicher, dass die anzeige im script nicht ganz korrekt ist (da ich es nie angewiesen habe, die werte zurückzusetzen). aber eigentlich müsste der fehler eher so sein, dass das script zuviel traffic anzeigt anstatt zu wenig.

hängt wohl mit der lächerlichen uptime von 10 tagen zusammen. nach einem reboot sollten die os-internen counter nämlich zurückgestellt werden. wer rebootet das hostsystem ständig? vielleicht ist da ein anderer vserver drauf, der ständig mist baut...

ich korrigier mal die mail. sagen wir mal, wir verbrauchen maximal 10gb? dann behalten wir uns weitere 10gb als notreserve vor und spendieren dem mirror 30gb.

vielleicht kannst du sonntag abend bei deinem mailanbieter einen filter einbauen, der eine mail von ihm an eine adresse von uns weiterleitet, wenn bis dann noch keine antwort gekommen ist?
      oder - was natürlich vertrauen in höchstem masse voraussetzt, da es hier um die privatsphäre geht - jemandem dein mailpasswort überlassen?

ansonsten muss die elite halt 2 wochen auf uns warten.

ich hoffe, du findest einen lockeren platz in der bundeswehr.

hat jemand einen account für dieses forum?
      sonst müssen wir halt nochmals eine mail schreiben, um zu antworten.

mein vorschlag (entwurf) für eine erste antwort (egal ob im forum oder per mail):
      <p><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote:</font><hr>
      Hi!

You have recieved an email from Stefan Mahrla where he offers you some space and traffic at www.gaming-elite.de for mirroring some of your vids.

Stefan Mahrla is currently not available as he has some duty in the army (the german one) right now.
      Being one of the other administrators of the site www.gaming-elite.de I ask you to refer to me for any questions concerning our offer instead of him.
      You might think this is fake - just go to www.gaming-elite.de and look at the so-called "Impressum" (the link is found top-left). There is a law in germany that forces every website to list their administrators and webmasters in real-name. You will find my name there.

First of all I need to say that our offer for about 10gigs of traffic is a very conservative one. We might easily add some more gigs if we see that 10gigs are clearly not enough. In fact: Around 25gigs should be possible.

Second, as I said, please feel free to ask any questions you might have about this. Surely we need to discuss things a bit further. We could add a script that updates the mirror every month or so. Or we could upload the vids ourselves. Or we give a server account to you. etc.

As we have full root access to our server, just about everything is possible :)

greets,
      &lt;insert name&gt;

<hr></blockquote></p>

(im falle eines forumpostings kann man den ersten abschnitt sowie das "greets" am schluss weglassen)

das mit dem impressum klingt vielleicht etwas dämlich...
      (ich hab jedenfalls mal das verzeichnis "pd-elite-mirror" vorerst versteckt. wär irgendwie blöd wenn die auf unsere seite kommen, um das impressum anzuschauen, und dann zufällig entdecken, dass wir schon einiges gemirroret haben ohne um erlaubnis zu bitten [img]
      " border="0[/img]
      )